One Tree Hill was one of the best tv shows of the noughties and helped a lot of teens to escape from their lives.
Personally, I feel the show is still as relevant as ever and therefore, in honour of the 6th anniversary of its series finale, here are the 19 quotes to live your life by.
- “Faith is believing when there’s nothing else you can do.”
- “It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly, and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.”
- “You can’t hide from life, eventually you have to live it.”
- “Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes.”
- “If you’re lucky… If you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.”
- “Someone once said that death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live.”
- “At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes – all you need is one.”
- “Don’t be too fat, or too thin, or too dark, or too light; don’t be too sexual, or too chaste, or too smart, or too dumb. Be yourself. But make sure you fit in.”
- “Stand up for what you believe in. The truth matters, so tell it, no matter what.”
- “My mama told me that, sometimes people have to cry out all their tears to make room for a heart full of smiles.”
- “I don’t think you ever realise how much you love something till you have to give it up.”
- “People are gonna label you. It’s how you overcome those labels, that’s what matters.”
- “And for those who say they are too young, hell you can drive at 16, go to war at 18, you can drink at 21 and retire at 65… So how old do you have to be before your love is real?”
- “Life kicks you around sometimes, it scares you and it beats you up. There’s a day when you realise you’re not just a survivor, you’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything it throws your way.”
- “I think we’ve got one life, one chance and what we do with it is up to us.”
- “At the end of the day, all you really own in this world is your integrity.”
- “Clothes over bros.”
- “Whether it fades out or crashes away, every song ends. Is that any reason not to enjoy the music?”
- “Now is the time for us to shine, the time when our dreams are in reach and possibilities, vast. Now is the time for all of us to become the people we always dreamed of being. This is your world. You’re here. You matter. The world is waiting.”
Originally posted on The National Student.